Do I need a referral?
- No, most podiatry consultations do not require a referral.
- If you are entitled to treatment through the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) then you will require a D904 referral from your GP. Gold card and some white card holders are eligible – please discuss with your GP.
- Some patients may also be eligible through Medicare – see below
Does Medicare cover Podiatry Services?
- For the majority of cases Medicare does not cover Podiatry services.
- There is a Chronic Disease Management Plan (previously known as EPC or Enhanced Primary Care Plan) which your GP may refer you on or determine your eligibility.
- This provides a Medicare rebate towards the cost of your podiatry appointment. There are out of pocket costs associated with our appointments, these vary depending on the appointment required. Please contact us to clarify.
Can I claim with private health insurance?
- Yes, we have on the spot claiming in clinic for your convenience with HICAPS.
- Podiatry is part of ancillary or extras cover and your level of cover will vary depending on your health fund and package. Please consult with your health fund in regards to rebates available.
Do you do home visits?
- We can provide a superior service within the clinic however we understand that there are situations where getting to the clinic is not possible.
- Chat to us if you feel you need a home visit and if we can’t do it for any reason we can certainly recommend someone who can
I want to buy some Archies, cream or another product, do I need an appointment or be an existing patient?
- Not at all. We warmly welcome anyone in to the clinic and our friendly reception team can assist in Archies, slippers, shoes, cream or other product sales you may need.
Are you an NDIS registered provider in Woodvale?
- Unfortunately we are not a registered provider with NDIS. We may be able to help if you are self funded or plan managed NDIS. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if we can help you